Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today and the Last Several Weeks

Today was a really slow day at work. We've been working on a project like gangbusters for a while now and recently received news that basically all of our work has to start over because our new manager wants to approach things a little differently. That is not such a bad thing, especially since the approach is the way that we are always saying that we really want to do things and never get the chance. It was a good day to catch up on things, but then the end of the day seemed to drag. Perhaps it was sugar-induced coma caused by the fudge and cream cheese brownies from Midtown Dessertery we had for our teammate's birthday. I've never been so glad to see the clock strike 5:00 in all my life. At least there was something to look forward to this evening. Life Group meets on Thursday.

Speaking of Life Group, for those of you that are reading that I don't attend church with, it is our weekly Bible study / small group gathering. We meet at a group member's house and talk on a deeper or even conversational level about the message from the previous Sunday. So I've attended Life Group a few times and I'm trying to figure out which group is a better fit - not only from a time perspective but from a comfort perspective. Everyone in both groups is really great. Our church is so small currently that you can almost know everyone. But as with all groups, there are dynamics that you have to feel out. Pray that God will show me which group I should be a part of and just exactly how I fit in.

Having said all of that, it was really neat to be at Life Group tonight. It was a rather small group, but you just felt at home. We had a great time of Bible study and sharing and then consumed / breathed some Krispy Kreme donuts. I definitely think I've had my sugar fill for today.

Now that Confluence is open, life is settling down a little bit. I first visited The River Church around the middle of June. Everyone made me feel very welcome and I continued to attend. Probably a week or so after attending the first time I jumped in helping with the building project. Every day I came home from work, changed clothes, and headed out the door to paint, construct, clean, or decorate something. Most Saturdays were spent that way as well. It has been really great having something to focus on and a way to serve not only the community, but God too. Now that the construction is over, I probably need to figure out how to productively spend my time in the evenings, yet remembering to rest and take time out for myself.

Check out the links above! Confluence Coffee is great! There are before and after pictures of the space on the site's blog. The space is beautiful and we're very happy to have a place where the community can come and hang out. We're looking forward to all of the wonderful things God will do with this space as we begin to reach out to the surrounding area and give back for everything that has been given to us.

2 comments:

Brian Leimone said...

word on your blog dude!!!

The Smittys said...

And we loved having you on Thursday! I am glad to hear you felt at home. The Krispy Kremes helped! ;) Love you blog!
Meredith and Smitty