Monday, December 15, 2008

Thankful!

This weekend was crazy. I had a Christmas party at my house on Saturday night and had about 38 people there. If you’ve ever been to my house before, you know that it was totally packed! Per the “Party-Goers’ Rule Book”, everyone must congregate in the kitchen or at least near the food for the first half of their attendance. It was like the rest of the house didn’t even exist. It was totally funny to see it happen though. For anyone who has had a large gathering like this, you also know it is very neat to see various aspects of your life come together at one time. There were people representing personal friendships, my family, people from my church who have become awesome friends over the last several months, and people from work that I consider friends before being my co-workers and teammates. It was a huge undertaking and I’m still exhausted but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It was great to see everyone, especially since we’re all going to many different directions this time of year.

As I began to hobble to the bathroom and get ready for church on Sunday, I found myself saying “I sure hope Donnie rocks it out today because I need it.” And guess what? He did! The band was totally awesome and we had a wonderful service. With being sick the last several weeks and only attending once or twice out of the last month, I needed a refreshing of spirit and mind, which I definitely got.

I was also facing an entire week of travel and moving my desk at work to a new location. Sunday morning I called my mom and asked her to please help me do that so it wouldn’t take so long, which she was gracious enough to do. It’s funny how God always knows what you need right when you need it. Not only did I receive what I needed thru worship and Joey’s message and my mom’s help, but about the time I got to the office to start moving the desk I received a phone call from a manager in Charlotte saying that I didn’t need to come down there on Monday. What a blessing! I was so relieved that I could come into the office and focus on getting things in order and wrapping up a few other things before vacation begins next week.

It’s amazing to see and be reminded of God’s promises over and over again. He tells us that He will never give us more than we can handle at one time; and He knew that I was tired and almost at the end of my rope. Look for God’s present of presence in your life this holiday season and praise and thank our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, and Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

The Tucks said...

Jason-
Thank you for opening your home to us on Saturday! It was a wonderful party and everything was BEAUTIFUL!!!! You so have a second career waiting for you!

We enjoyed spending time with friends in the warmth of your home and are thankful for the friendships that the RIVER has brought to our lives.

I hope that you have a wonderful week of travels and that you will continue to hum that rocked out version of Gloria in Exceles Deo as Graham does!!! : )
Courtney